Moving In & Moving out in checklist |
ELC Sales & Lettings
Upon paying the deposit and first month's rent, the property will be available from the tenancy agreement's start date.
You'll receive an inventory list, accompanied by pictures, via email. Should there be any discrepancies, notify us within a week. If we do not hear from you within this timeframe, we'll assume you have accepted our inventory list.
Your new home will be professionally cleaned prior to your move-in date. The deposit will be lodged with Safe Deposit Scotland within 30 working days.
When it's time to move out, provide us with a notice, as outlined in your lease agreement. You will receive a letter detailing your next steps. We expect the property to be returned in a professionally cleaned condition, mirroring the state it was in when you moved in.
We've provided a comprehensive list of cleaning tasks to assist you. If needed, we can share contact details of reliable cleaners and carpet cleaning specialists.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Clean window sills, bannisters.
- Vacuum and remove any stains from carpets.
- If you kept pets, please have the carpets professionally cleaned.
- Dust skirting boards. Dust radiators. Clean and dust all sockets.
- Clean ceiling and wall lamps, shades etc.
- Clean laminate/vinyl/tiled floors.
- Empty cupboards and drawers of your belongings and clean them.
- Clean bath, showers, sinks and taps, clean tiles.
- Clean all kitchen units, cupboards and drawers and remove all food.
- Clean oven, cooker, hob, cooker hood, replace filter.
- Clean filter of tumble dryer.
- Clean liquid/powder compartment of washing machine.
- Defrost and clean fridge/freezer, then leave doors open.
- Clean all plates, glass and cutlery, cooking utensils, etc.
- Clean all mirrors, pictures with glass, ornaments, vacuum upholstered furniture, empty vacuum cleaner, fit clean vacuum bag and remove all rubbish from property.
- Empty house of all your contents. Do not leave anything for the next tenant – as we will have to charge a removal fee.
- Return furniture to the original position, if moved.
- Replace missing, broken or damaged items (like for like).
- Leave bedding cleaned and ironed.
- Mow lawn and leave garden and garage tidy. Empty the garage of all your contents.
- Lock garage, windows and doors.
- Order mail forwarding service at the post office.
- Return all keys.
- There will be no access to property after the check out.
- We can provide you with contact details of trustworthy cleaners and carpet cleaning specialists, if required.
Our Exclusive Agents
Get Started, contact us for a free sales or rental valuation!
We are more than happy to help new and prospective clients with advice